ProFM is a training and credentialing program built to celebrate the diversity and growing roles of facility management. ProFM was designed to be the one credential for all facility professionals, applicable across industries, job titles, and geographies.
- New and Experienced: ProFM delivers today’s best practices across the broad range of FM tasks giving all FMs an opportunity to update and expand their skillset.
- Public, Private, and Non-Profit: ProFM incorporates the new ISO 41000 international FM standards and US Federal Buildings Personnel Training Act.
- Local and Global: Whether you’re a team of one, or part of a global organization, ProFM is built to incorporate your perspective and deliver effective training.
Everything you need to grow your FM expertise and earn the ProFM credential is incorporated into one comprehensive and current training program: the ProFM Credential Program™.
your current FM knowledge and identify gaps.
your FM knowledge by reading printed or online study materials.
your knowledge retention and understanding using online quizzes and tools.
your ProFM credential by passing the online final assessment.
your credential every three years and stay on the cutting edge of the FM industry.
The ProFM Credential Program is available in three convenient study options:
Your Investment: US$1695 (plus applicable taxes) includes electronic versions of the reading materials, online study tools, and the online final assessment. There are no additional application, administration, or exam fees. Candidates may choose to add a printed version of the reading materials for US$50 (plus shipping and applicable taxes). Instructor-led course registration fees are set by each Education Partner.
We’re making it simple for all facility professionals to earn the knowledge and skills they need to advance their careers. While there are no mandatory pre-requisites, it is beneficial for candidates to have one or more of the following:
Basic knowledge of facility management
Work experience in FM-related functional areas such as:
- Operations and maintenance (technical and occupant services, work management, utility management, space management)
- Asset management (project management, strategic and capital planning, construction)
- Risk management (compliance and standards, environmental health and safety, security, emergency management)
- Business management (human capital, leadership skills, financial management, contract management, procurement, real estate)
A related FM credential
To ensure that your knowledge is kept relevant and up-to-date, you will be required to renew your ProFM credential every three years. Renewal of the credential may be completed by earning a minimum of 45 contact hours of continuing education or “renewal credits” in the following three areas:
My Personal FM Professional Development
- Conferences, seminars, e-learning, earning a related credential, etc.
My Organization’s FM Development
- Managing an FM initiative for your employer
- Evaluating and selecting a vendor or service provider
- Developing or delivering internal training
- Staying current and/or giving back to the FM profession through membership, FM industry subscriptions, training delivery, speaking engagements, publishing an article, etc.